If your child grinds his or her teeth at night, our pediatric dentists may recommend a night guard to help protect their teeth. Bruxism (teeth grinding) can cause significant damage to the teeth, including damage to the roots of the teeth. Night guards prevent that damage from occurring so that your child can continue to enjoy a healthy smile. To make an appointment for your child with Dr. Pang, Dr. Chen, and Dr. Mo to learn more about the benefits of night guards in San Francisco, California, call OPDSF Pediatric Dentistry at (415) 661-8383.
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain and ear pain
Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth.